My panel topic is ...

Location/North

Location apps are red hot. Twitter and Facebook are adding location as a core element in their status updates. Foursquare and Gowalla went head to head at SXSWi for the title of "Mayor of the Checkin".

Is this overhyped? Are we excited? What are traditionnal directory publishers (aka yellow pages) up to? What about newspapers, aren't they a likely local king?

This panel will feature local experts (from coast to coast, this is a big country) on the who, what, why and of course, the where! We will explore, discuss, disagree and might even have a little bit of fun...

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • joe.rideout commented  · 

I'm interested. I'm an engineer on the Google Buzz Mobile team and also an avid Foursquare/Gowalla user. Buzz mobile has a heavy focus on location that is not found in desktop buzz. Each mobile buzz can be attached to a place (ie business name), address or city and nearby buzz can be viewed in a list or on a map. Unlike 4sq/Gowalla, the focus of mobile buzz is on having conversations with the people around you.

• Sylvain Carle commented  · 

I am assembling a panel and looking for smart local brains from Vancouver to Halifax, from Toronto to Calgary, leave a comment (and vote) if you are interested.

Panel Programmer

Feedback and Knowledge Base